Onion - 1 big size
Tomato - 1
Green chilli - 2
Gram Flour / Basin Flour - 1 1/2 table spoon
Tamirind - Small lemon size
Sambar Powder - 1 table spoon
Salt - for taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - few
- Soak the tamarind in the water and extract the juice and keep it separately. Cut the onion & tomato.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds once the oil gets heat. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the curry leave and the onion
- Once the colour of the onion change to light brown color add Tomato
- When the tomato is cooked add the extracted tamarind juce, green chillies (cut lenght wise) and add sambar powder and salt.
- Once the mixture started boiling add the Gram/Basin Flour and add water.
- Quick (Avasara) sambar is ready to serve for Idly/Sambar.
Idly Sambar (Gotsu)
Onion Sambar (Vengaya sambar)
Sambar (using sambar podi)