|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Cucumber/Ash Gourd||1 small piece|
|Snake Gourd||1 small piece|
|Turmeric Powder||A pinch|
|Tamarind||Small Gooseberry size|
|Grated Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coconut Oil (preferably)||3 table spoon|
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice
- Chop all the vegetables length wise and cook all the vegetables in a heavy bottomed pan by adding little water and turmeric and salt.
- Grind the cocunut, green chillies, red chillies and cumin seeds in a mixer without adding water.
- Add the tamarind extract and let the vegetables are fully cooked
- Now add the ground mixture and mix well.
- Finally add coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well.
- Now the yummy Aviyal is ready to serve with Rice
- Tips: Instead of tamarind we can also add 2 spoon curd.