|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Thoor Dhal||1/2 cup|
|Sambar Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Tamarind||1 Goosberry size|
|Manathakkali vathal (or) Sundaikai vathal||2 tablespoon|
- Cook Thoor dhal with a pinch of Turmeric powder in pressure cooker till soft.
- Extract the tamarind juice and keep it ready
- Add the ghee in the pan and heat the same
- Once the Ghee is hot, add the Manathakkali Vathal / Sundakkai Vathal and fry the same.
- Take the fried manathakkali kai vathal / Sundakkai vathal in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Top up the Oil / Ghee if required to fry the sambar powder. Add the Sambar powder and fry the sambar powder till the color change to brown. Don't let the Sambar Powder burn.
- Add the tamarind juce and keep the flame as medium. Add the salt. Let the mixture boil in a medium flame till raw sambar powder smell go away. It may take upto 10 mins.
- Add the thoor dhal and mix well. Keep it in medium flame till the mixture starts boiling.
- Finally add the fried Manathakkali Vathal / Sundakkai vathal and switch off the flame. The Sambar is ready to serve.
Sambar is always special.. you can try some of the other sambar varieties below
Idly Sambar (Gotsu)
Sambar (using sambar podi)
Quick sambar (Avasra Sambar)