Brinjal - 5 small size
Green Chillies - 5
Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size
Salt - To Taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - few
Hing - A Pinch
Fenugeek Seeds/Vendhayam - 1/4 teaspoon
- Finely chop the brinjals and green chillies.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Pour the oil in pan, and add the mustard seeds once the oil is hot. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, then add the curry leaves,fenugeek seeds and hing
- Add the chopped brinjal and green chillies and fry for sometime
- Add the tamarind extract and add salt. Once the tamarind boils and the raw smells goes off, then switch off the flame.
- The Kathirikai Masiyal consistency will be thin and it is the best sidedish for Venn Pongal.