Spinach/Keerai(any greens) - 1 bunch
Turmeric - a pinch
Salt - To Taste
Grated Cocunut - 1/2 cup
Jeeragam/Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Green chillies - 4
Red Chilli - 1
Gingelly oil - 2 teaspoon
- Clean the spinach in hot water to remove all the sand from it.
- Cook the spinach in little water in a heavy bottomed pan with turmeric and add salt.
- Grind the grated cocunut, cumin seeds, green chillies and red chillies by adding water and grind it nicely.
- Add these to the cooked spinach and when the mixture starts to boil, switch off the flame
- Add the gingelly oil to the keerai avial kuzhambu.
- Now the yummy keerai avial kuzhambu is ready to serve with plain rice.