There are few different variations of the Milagu Rasam can be made.
1. Adding a spoon of Toor Dal and two Red chilles to the grinding ingredients.
2. Adding Garlic also to the same rasam
I am giving here the very plain basic Milagu Rasam that i make often in my home.
|Tamarind||1 small goosberry size|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
For Seasoning :
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice
- Grind the pepper and cumin seeds to a nice powder in a mixer and keep it aside
- In the pan, pour the ghee and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the curry leaves and add the ground powder and fry for a minute.
- Now add the tamarind extract and add the salt and let the mixture boils till the tamarind raw smell goes off.
- Now add 1 cup of water and when the rasam starts to boil switch off the flame.
- Milagu Rasam is ready to serve with plain rice.
Servings : 4 persons