Servings: 4 persons
Sour butter milk- 1 cup
Salt - To taste
Grated Cocunut - 1/2 cup
Red Chillies -2
Green chillies - 4
Raw Rice - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curryleaves - few
Fenugeek seeds/Vendhayam - 1/4 teaspoon
- Soak the raw rice for sometime.
- Grind the cocunut, chillies and raw rice to a fine paste
- Add the ground paste to the sour butter milk in a heavy bottomed pan and and add salt. if the mixture starts to boil switch off the flame.
- In a separate pan add the oil and when the oil is hot add the mustard seeds. When the mustard sees begins to sputter add the fenugeek seeds and fry it until it becomes red color and then add curry leaves. Add these to the moorkuzhambu.
- Now the moorkuzhambu is ready to Serve.
Note : You can also add fried ladies finger in the kuzhambu.