Pumpkin : 1 Big piece
Cowpea or Black Eyed bean/Karamani - 3 tablespoon
Salt - To taste
Green Chillies- 5
Salt - To Taste
Turmeric - A Pinch
Grated Cocunut - 1 Cup
Cocunut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Curryleaves - Few
- Cook the Karamani till soft.
- Chop the green chillies length wise
- Chop the pumpkin into big pieces and cook it along with salt and turmeric and chopped green chillies.
- Grind the cocunut with water and squeeze the cocunut milk and keep it aside
- Add the cocunut milk and cooked karamani to the cooked pumpkin and let the kootu boils.
- Then add the cocunut oil along with curry leaves
- The delicious oolan is ready to serve.
- If karamani is not available we can use moong dhal