Kadalai Parupu(Channa Dhal) - 3/4 cup
Urdhal - 2 table spoon
Thur Dhal - 2 table spoon
Green Chilli - 2 Nos
Ginger - 1 table spoon
Curry leaves - Few
Coriander Leaves - Few
Onion finely chopped- 1/2 Cup(Optional. Some people dont add onion on auspicious day)
Salt - To taste
Hing - A Pinch
Oil - For Frying the Vadai
- Mix all the dhals and Soak the dhals in water for 3 hours
- After 3 hours filter the water and keep the dhal for 1 more hour
- After an hour, Keep 3 table spoon of the dhal separately in a bowl and grind the remaining dhal with salt and a pinch of hing without adding water.
- Add the above ground mixture with the 3 table spoon of the dhals in a bowl along with green chilli, onion, ginger, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and once the oil is hot, make small rounds of ground dhal and press it in the center and put it in the oil and deep fry it.
- Once the Vadai becomes brownish color take it out in a bowl with a paper towel to dry the oil and serve hot.