|Preparation time||3 hours|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Kadalai Parupu(Channa Dhal)||3/4 Cup*|
|Urid dal||2 tablespoon|
|Thur dal||2 tablespoon|
|Raw Rice||1 teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 inch Piece|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1 tablespoon|
|Cooking Oil||For frying vadai|
- Mix all the dhals and raw rice and Soak the dhals in water for 3 hours. After 3 hours filter the water and keep the dhal for 1 more hour
- After an hour, Grind half quantity of dhal with green chilli, ginger, salt and hing without adding water till the ginger, green chillies are ground smooth. Take this aside.
- Add the remaining half of dal to the mixer and just give a couple of pulse. Add this ground coarse dal with the smooth ground dal and mix well. Also add curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves and mix well
- Heat the oil in a kadai and once the oil is hot, take small quantity of ground dhal and and press it in the center and gently drop it in the oil and deep fry it. Once the Vadai becomes brownish color take it out in a bowl with a paper towel to dry the oil and serve hot. Repeat the step for the remaining vada batter.
- The yummy and crispy paruppu vadai are now ready for neivedhyam or for serving