Thurdhal - 3/4 cup
Brinjal - 1
Potato - 1
Carrot - 1
Tamarind - 1 small lemon sized
Sambar Powder - 4 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Coriander leaves - few
Hing - A Pinch
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - few
- Cook the thurdal in the pressure cooker and smash the dhal nicely.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Cut all the vegetables a little bigger and keep it aside.
- Pour the oil in the pan and once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the curry leaves.
- Add the vegetables and fry for a second and then add water to cook the vegetables and add pinch of Hing.
- Once the vegetables are half cooked add the tamarind extract, salt and sambar powder.
- When the sambar begins to boil, add the smashed dhal and water to make it to correct consistency.
- Finally add the corinader leaves.
- Serve with plain rice.