Sweet Rice Pongal / Sakkarai Pongal is an auspicious neivedhyam dish for many festivals. Even in many temples Sweet Rice Pongal / Sakkarai Pongal is given as Prasadham. For most of the festivals dedicated to Lord Vishnu we prepare this wonderful dish as neivedhyam. It is one of the easiest sweet recipe that we can make with less effort
|Sweet Rice Pongal / Sakkarai Pongal|
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Raw Rice||1/2 Cup|
|Moong dal||3 tablespoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Pachai karpooram||a pinch|
|Water||2 1/2 Cup|
- Heat a pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee and roast the moong dal till they turn golden brown color
- Wash the raw rice twice or thrice and add water and roasted moong dal and pressure cook the raw rice along with the moongdhal in the pressure cooker and cook for 4 whistles.
- After the rice is cooked, remove from cooker and mash it nicely and keep it aside
- Heat the pan and keep the flame in medium and add broken cashews and raisins and fry them till the cashews turns golden brown color. Remove the fried cashews and raisins from flame and keep it aside
- In the pan, add jaggery and pour little water just to soak the jaggery . When the jaggery gets dissolved add the mashed cooked rice with dal and mix well
- Mix the rice using a spatula to spread the jaggery evenly by keeping the flame low.
- Add the ghee slowly and keep on stirring the sakkarai pongal for atleast 4-5 mins ( you can notice the ghee in the pongal leaves the side of the vessel).
- Finally add the fried cashews, powdered elachi, Karpooram powder and dried grapes.
- Now the sweet Rice pongal is ready to serve hot as well as for neyveidhyam.