|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup|
|Fenugreek Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Gingelly Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Split urid dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|Channa dal||1 teaspoon|
- Cut the lemon in halves and squeeze the lemon and extract the juice and add the salt and keep it aside
- Spread the cooked rice in a broad plate and allow it to cool it off.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the the gingelly oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the split urid dal, channa dhal, peanuts and hing and fry for a while till the dhal changes its color to red.
- Now add the chopped green chilli and then add the turmeric powder and remove from flame. To this add the cooked rice, salt and fenugreek powder and stir the rice gently to avoid smashing of rice.
- Finally add the lemon extract and adjust the salt and gently mix the rice
- The yummy lemon rice is ready to serve with appalam/ papad or vadam
- Instead of green chilli, we can dry fry 1/2 teaspoon of vendhayam in a pan and fry 4 red chillies in oil and then grind it together to a nice powder in a mixer and add it to the seasoned ingredients and prepare the lemon rice.