|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Finely chopped Raw Mango||6 measures*|
|Red chilli powder||1 measure|
|Powdered Salt||1 measure|
|Fenugreek Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Gingelly Oil||1 tablespoon|
- Finely Chop the mangoes into smaller pieces and keep it aside. Depending upon the sourness of mangoes the spice has to be adjusted. If the mangoes are very sour, then increase the spice i.e ratio should be 5:1 (For 5 measures of chopped mangoes need to add 1 measure of red chilli powder). Add the red chilli powder and turmeric powder to the chopped mangoes and stir it well.
- Then add a measure of powdered salt and mix well
- In a pan dry fry the fenugreek seeds and grind it to powder in a mixer. Add the fenugreek powder to the pickle and mix well
- Now pour the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds once the oil is hot. When the mustard sees begins to sputter add the hing and add these seasoned items to the mangoes. Finally stir well all the ingredients.
- Keep this mixture aside for two days. Mango will nicely blend with the spices . After two days, you can store it in air tight container and use it when required.