Naarthangaai - 2
Red Chilli powder - 4 teaspoon
Salt - 4 teaspoon
Tamarind - a small gooseberry size
Grated Jaggery - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 3 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Hing - 1/2 teaspoon
- Soak the tamarind and extract the juice and keep it aside
- Finely chop the naarthangaai and keep it aside
- In the pan pour the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the hing and fry for a while.
- Now add the chopped naarthangaai and fry it nicely.
- Then add the tamarind extract along with salt and red chilli powder and let the naarthangaai is fully cooked
- Finally add the grated jaggery and then switch off the flame
- The delicious spicy naarthangaai pickle is ready for use
- We can also use Gadarangaai instead of naarthangaai in the above recipe