Serving :4- 5 Persons
Tomato - 1/4 kg
Small Onion - 1/4 kg
Potato - 1/4 kg
Green Chillies - 8
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Salt - To taste
Grated Cocunut - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - few
- Peel the onion skin and cut each onions to 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook the potatos and peel the skin and smash it.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and green chillies.
- Grind the cocunut to a fine paste
- Pour the ghee in the pan, and add the mustard seeds when the oil is hot. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter, add the curry leaves, chopped onions and green chillies and fry till the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and let it fry for sometime.
- Now add the potatoes and a pinch of turmeric and salt. When the mixture starts boiling add the ground cocunut and let it boils for a minute
Sodhi is now ready to serve with plain rice.The Sodhi will be thick in consistency and can be mixed with rice. We tried this with chapathi also. This goes well with chapathi too. Give a try :-)