Beetroots are very rich nutrient which is very important for health. Beetroots can be consumed as raw as well as a salad. Its good for kids as they help purifying the blood. Try to consume beetroot atleast once a in a fortnight.
You can slice the beetroot in the fine cubes as shown in the picture or you can grate the beetroot which is of different taste. You can try that as well.
Beetroot - 1/2 KG
Grated cocunut - 2 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste (1/2 teaspoon)
Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Urdhal - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli - 1
- Finely Chop the beetroot and clean it with water and strain it and keep it aside
- Heat the oil in the pan, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter add the urdhal and fry till it becomes golden brown
- Add broken chilli and then add chopped Beetroot
- Sprinkle some water and add a pinch of pepper and necessary salt and cover the pan to allow the Beetroot to cook completely
- When the Beetroot is cooked add grated cocunut and mix it well and remove from flame