|Kothamalli Rice(Corainder Leaves Rice)|
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Coriander Leaves||2 Cups|
|Cooked Rice||1 Cup|
|Urid dal||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Channa Dal (Bengal Gram)||1 teaspoon|
|Split Urid Dal||1 teaspoon|
- Rinse the Kothamalli(Corainder Leaves) well in water and strain the water and keep it aside. Heat the oil in the pan add the chopped green chillies and urdhal . Fry it till the dhal becomes golden brown color. Add this to the mixer. Next, add the rinsed Kothamalli(Corainder Leaves) leaves and fry for sometime till its raw smell goes off
- Grind these in a mixer along with salt, a pinch of tamarind and grind it without adding water.
- Heat the oil/Ghee in the pan and add mustard seeds.When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add channa dhal, urdhal and cashew nuts and fry until it becomes golden brown color. Now add the rice and ground kothamalli(Corainder Leaves) mixture
- Mix everything well and adjust the salt if needed.
- The delicious Kothamalli(Corainder Leaves) rice is ready to serve
You can try ...
Instead of Coriander leaves use bangalore brinjal. Chop the brinjal to the fine pieces and half cook it. If you have microwave oven cook the brinjal without adding water for about 3-4 mins. Use the half cooked brinjal in the above recipe instead of coriander leaves. You will get a different flavor of brinjal and brinjal 'haters' also love this rice. Try and let me know.