Rice - 2 cups
Grated Jaggery - 1.5 Cups
Finely chopped coconut - 3 tablespoon
Cardamom - 1/2 teaspoon
Cashews - few
- Soak the rice in water for 30mins and rinse it in water and then spread the rice in a towel till it becomes dry
- Now grind the rice in a mixer to a nice powder
- Heat the pan and add the ground rice flour and fry it till the flour turns light brown color
- Heat 1 cup of water along with pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of salt and boil the water and allow it to cool
- Add the water little by little in the fried rice flour and mix the flour so that the flour should be wet and not like a dough. We need to steam the rice and it requires little humid. So, please be careful by not adding more water.
- Sift the rise flour using the strainer. The idea of sifting is to avaid the lumps. Steam cook the rise flour in a pressure cooker for 10 mins
- Take the cooked flour and with the help of a ladle broke the flour so that it becomes like Rawa/sooji
- In a separate pan, add little ghee and fry the cashews and the chopped coconuts till it turns golden brown color and take it separately in a plate
- Add the grated jaggery to the pan and add water and stir it well till the jaggery juice becomes thicker
- Now add cardamom powder and grated cocunut and remove from flame
- Add the broken flour and mix it well with the jaggery juice
- Add the fried cashews and mix it well.
- The Delicious Sweet Puttu is ready for Neivedhyam for Navrathri as well as for serving.