Sweet Puttu is one of the sweet recipes made during Navrathri. This is one of my favourite sweet dish which is made of rice flour. It will take relatively more time to cook compared to other recipies but a very tasty recipe.
Preparation Time : 1 hour, Cooking Time - 1 hour, Serving - for 12-15 people
Rice - 2 cups
Grated Jaggery - 1.5 Cups
Finely chopped coconut - 3 tablespoon
Cardamom - 1/2 teaspoon
Cashews - few
- Soak the rice in water for 30mins and rinse it in water and then spread the rice in a towel till it becomes dry
- Now grind the rice in a mixer to a nice powder
- Heat the pan and add the ground rice flour and fry it till the flour turns light brown color
- Heat 1 cup of water along with pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of salt and boil the water and allow it to cool
- Add the water little by little in the fried rice flour and mix the flour so that the flour should be wet and not like a dough. We need to steam the rice and it requires little humid. So, please be careful by not adding more water.
- Sift the rise flour using the strainer. The idea of sifting is to avaid the lumps. Steam cook the rise flour in a pressure cooker for 10 mins
- Take the cooked flour and with the help of a ladle broke the flour so that it becomes like Rawa/sooji
- In a separate pan, add little ghee and fry the cashews and the chopped coconuts till it turns golden brown color and take it separately in a plate
- Add the grated jaggery to the pan and add water and stir it well till the jaggery juice becomes thicker
- Now add cardamom powder and grated cocunut and remove from flame
- Add the broken flour and mix it well with the jaggery juice
- Add the fried cashews and mix it well.
- The Delicious Sweet Puttu is ready for Neivedhyam for Navrathri as well as for serving.
Another method for making Puttu - Please click here