Paruppu Usuli is a traditional brahmin recipe. It is dhal crumbles on the vegetable like Kothavarangai (clustered Beans) or a beans. This dhal crumbles gives a wonderful flavor to this curry. This will go very well with Moor Kuzhambu.
|Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans)||1/2 Kg|
|Mustard Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Channa Dal||1/4 Cup|
- Soak the Dal's in water over night or for at least 2 hours
- Finely chop the Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans) and keep it aside
- Rinse the Dal's and strain the water and grind it in mixer once along with red chilli, hing and salt
- The ground mixture should not be so smooth.
- Heat the oil in the pan, and add the ground paste and keep the flame in low
- Allow the ground paste to cook in oil and it will broke down into smaller pieces.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil and add mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add the urdhal and fry till it turns into golden brown color.
- To this add chopped Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans) along with salt and sprinkle some water to cook the Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans)
- When the Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans) is cooked completely, add the broken Dal mixture and mix it well
- The mouth-watering Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans) paruppu usuli is ready to serve.
- Kothavarangai(Clustered Beans) paruppu usuli is a very good side dish for Moorkuzhambu.