|Raw Rice||4 Cups|
|Channa dal||1 Cup|
|Moong dal||1 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ribbon Pakoda Press|
|Ribbon Pakoda Mould|
- Rinse the rice in water and spread it over the towel and allow it to cool
- Heat the pan and add channa dal and fry for some time till the dal is hot. Keep it aside
- Add moong dal and fry for some time till the dal is hot. Keep it aside
- Mix Rice and dals and grind to a nice powder it in rice mill.
- Mix the flour, red chilli powder, salt, butter and hing in a vessel
- Add water and make the flour into a chapati like dough.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, and when the oil is hot add a little piece of dough to check for the hotness.
- When the dough raises immediately then the oil is ready for frying
- Put 1 hand full of dough in a press, and close the press with ribbon pakoda mould.
- Squeeze the dough to a big circle.
- Deep fry the ribbon padoka/Nada in low flame till it is crisp and turns golden brown color.Take it out and place it in a oil strainer with a paper towel to remove excess oil and allow it to cool.
- Store it in a air tight container and serve.
- The delicious ribbon padoka/Nada is ready to serve.