All purpose flour/Maida flour - 1 Cup
Gram flour/besan flour - 1 Cup
Ghee - 1/4 Cup
Sugar - 2 cup
Cardamom powder - 2 teaspoon
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee and keep it aside
- Pour the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, and add the flours and fry it till it turns into red color. Take it out and keep it aside
- Take another pan, and add the sugar and add 1 cup of water for the sugar to dissolve.
- Keep stirring until it comes to thick syrup. If we take a drop of the sugar syrup it should stick on our fingers. This is the correct stage for the syrup to take it out from flame
- Remove the sugar syrup from flame and add the cardamom powder and fried flours
- Mix the flours evenly to avoid any lumps.
- When the mixture starts to tighten, then pour the soan burfi mixture into the greasy plate and spread it evenly
- Allow the mixture to cool off in plate and cut it into diamond shape pieces.
- The yummy Soan Burfi is ready to serve on any special occasions.