Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||10 mins|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Tamarind||1 Small Lemon Size|
|Gingelly Oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugeek Seeds/Vendhayam||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Channa Dal||1 Teaspoon|
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice and keep it aside
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter, add channa Dal, fenugeek seeds and curry leaves and fry a while.
- To this add broken red chilli and fry for a while
- To this add tamarind extract and salt
- Let the mixture boils for till the raw smell of tamarind goes off
- The yummy Pulivendhasaru is ready to serve hot with white rice along with a teaspoon of gingelly oil.