|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
|Black Yellu(Sesame Seeds)||3tablespoon|
|Thur daal||1 tablespoon|
|Chopped big size coconut||5 pieces (each 1 inch piece)|
|Tamarind||1 small lemon size|
|Mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice and keep it aside
- Dry fry the Yellu(Sesame Seeds) in a pan till it starts to sputter and add this to mixer
- Grind the fried sesame seeds to a nice powder. Keep it aside. We will be adding this to kuzhambu only at the last. Hold the coconut piece with a tong and fry the coconut pieces in flame directly till it turns golden brown color. Take all the fried coconut pieces to the mixer
- Pour some oil in pan and fry the red chilli, and the daals and fry it till the daal turns golden brown color.
- Add these to mixer and grind it to a paste. Heat the pan and add oil. To this add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add curry leaves and fry for a second. To this add tamarind extract , salt and allow the tamarind mixture to boil till raw smell goes off.
- Now add the ground paste and allow the kuzhambu to boil. Finally add sesame seeds powder and mix well and switch off the flame.
- The yummy Yellu(Sesame Seeds) kuzhambu is ready to serve with rice