|Tamarind||1 Small Lemon Size|
|Mustard Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||2 Teaspoon|
- Cook the dhal, KarunaiKizhangu in pressure cooker till soft and smash it nicely and keep it aside
- Soak the tamarind in the water and extract the juice.
- Pour the oil in the pan and fry the red chillies, urdhal and pepper and grind it to a paste.
- Add the tamarind extract in a heavy bottomed pan and the ground paste along with salt. Let the mixture boils for sometime
- Then add the smashed dhal and KarunaiKizhangu.
- In a separate pan pour the oil and once the oil is heat add the mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds start to sputter add the channa dhal and fry till it becomes golden color and then add hing and curry leaves and grated cocunut and fry it till the cocunut becomes red color.
- Add these seasoned ingredients to the KarunaiKizhangu Puliyita Poricha Kuzhambu
- KarunaiKizhangu Puliyita Poricha Kuzhambu is ready to serve with plain rice.
Servings : 5 persons
If you like Karunai Kizhangu, then you can also try karunai kizhangu masiyal.