Sakkaravalli Kizhangu is one of the famous root vegetable which is sweet in taste and often associated with winter season (Margazhi masam in tamil nadu). There are are many uses and variations of recipes of sweet potato (sakkaravalli kizhangu). One such recipe which i used to make occassionaly is Sweet potato curry.
|Sakkaravalli Kizhangu||1/2 Kg|
|Red Chilli||1 or 2|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
- Peel the skin of Sakkaravalli Kizhangu and finely chop it into pieces
- Cook it in a heavy bottomed pan by adding some water, salt and turmeric powder
- In a separate pan pour the oil and add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the urdhal and fry until it changes its color to red and then add broken red chilli and fry for a second and remove from flame.
- When the Sakkaravalli Kizhangu are fully cooked, add these cooked Sakkaravalli Kizhangu to the seasoned ingredients in the pan and fry it for sometime and switch off the flame
- The delicious Sakkaravalli Kizhangu curry is ready to serve.
Servings: 4 persons