Seppankizhangu is one of the vegetables that people either love or hate. We use Seppankizhangu frequrently and we use Seppankizhangu as a substitue for Potato. This kara curry is something similar to the potato kara curry and i hope you will also like it.
|RedChilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Pressure cook the Seppankizhangu and remove the skin and keep it aside. Use the same time as you use for potato.
- In a pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds
- When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and fry it till it becomes golden color. Add hing also.
- To this add the cooked Seppankizhangu turmeric powder,red chilli powder
- Mix it well along with required salt
- Keep the flame in low and allow the Seppankizhangu to deep fry.
- Remove from flame when the Seppankizhangu is fried and cooked properly
- Now the yummy Seppankizhangu Kara curry is ready to serve.
If you have micro wave oven, you can cook the seppankizhangu directly in the oven instead of pressure cooking.