|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking time||35 mins|
|Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
- Peel the beetroot skin and cube the beetroot in big pieces and pressure cook it upto three whistles. Cooking the beetroot makes our work easier as it is very easy to grate the cooked beetroot than the uncooked beetroot
- Once the beetroot is cooled, grate the beetroot and keep it ready. Heat a heavy bottomed pan with ghee
- Add the grated beetroot and saute in low flame for 10 minutes. Keep the flame in medium low and add the milk to grated beetroot and allow the milk-beetroot mixture to thicken.
- It will take atleast 10-15 minutes for the milk to reduce its quantity and the mixture to gets thicken up. Now add the sugar and stir it continuously in low flame.
- Adding sugar makes the mixture again to a thin consistency and so keep stirring till the sugar syrup gets thicken. Add cardamom powder and ghee and stir continuously till the ghee oozes out from the halwa
- Keep stirring it till the halwa starts to roll like a ball without sticking to the sides of the pan. Now remove beetroot halwa from the flame and place it in a plate. Decorate it with cashews, badam and pista.
- The delicious beetroot halwa is ready to serve. We can keep the halwa in refrigerator and we can use it for 2 days. If we place it in freezer we can even use if for a month. Before serving warm the halwa and serve it.