|Cardamom Powder||1 teaspoon|
- Heat some ghee in pan, and add broken cashew nuts.
- Fry the cashews till it turns golden brown color. Take the fried cashews in a plate and keep it aside
- Now add the aval and fry the aval in ghee for a while
- Now add 1 cup of water and allow the aval to cook for 2 minutes
- To this add the milk and let the mixture boils for 10 minutes in a low flame
- When the milk starts to thicken, add the sugar and stir it well.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes and then remove it from flame.
- To this add fired cashews and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Now the mouth-watering Aval Payasam is ready to serve.