|Raw Jack Fruit||1|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||3 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Cut the raw jack fruit into half. It will be greasy when we cut it. Clean the grease using a cloth.
- Cut the outside horn layer and chop the middle layer into smaller pieces
- Pressure cook the raw jack fruit chopped pieces in a pressure cooker along with turmeric and salt.Allow 3-4 whistles.
- After some time, take the cooked jackfruit , strain the water and keep it aside
- Grind the grated coconut, red chilli, cumin seeds to a fine powder without adding water.
- To this add the cooked jackfruit in the mixer and grind it
- Heat some oil in pan, add mustard seeds once the oil is hot. When the mustard seeds begin to sputter, add the urdhal and fry till the urdhal turns golden brown color.
- Add the chopped jackfruit along with ground coconut powder and mix it well
- Now the delicious Jackfruit poriyal is ready to serve with rice.