I heared first time about Vazhaipoo vadai from the movie "Kandukonden Kandukonden" and tried immediately and it turn out to be too good and appriciated by all my family members. Then Vazhaipoo vadai became the default snacks for guest visits. You can also try Vazhaipoo vaidai instead of our conventional vadai as its different and will be appriciated by the visitors/guests. Please try and let me k now your comments.
|Chopped Vazhai poo(Banana flower)||1 Cup|
|Green Chilli||2 Nos|
|Channa dal(Gram dal)||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Ginger||1 Teaspoon|
- Mix all the dhals and Soak the dhals in water for 3 hours
- After 3 hours filter the water and keep the dhal for 1 more hour
- After an hour, Keep 3 table spoon of the dhal separately in a bowl and grind the remaining dhal with salt and a pinch of hing without adding water.
- Add the above ground mixture with the 3 table spoon of the dhals in a bowl along with green chilli and ginger and keep this aside.
- Chop the vazhaippo. You can click here to know how to prepare the Vazhaippoo for the vadai. Heat some oil in a pan, and add chopped vazhaipoo and fry for sometime till the vazhaipoo is cooked completely
- Add the fried vazhaipoo to the dal mixture and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and once the oil is hot, make small rounds of ground dhal and press it in the center and put it in the oil and deep fry it.
- Once the Vadai becomes brownish color take it out in a bowl with a paper towel to dry the oil and serve hot.
You can also try Keerai Vadai.