|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||10 mins|
|Steam Cooked Idli||12|
|Onion||1 big size|
|Red Chilli Powder / Idli Milagai Podi||2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cooking Oil||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Split Urid seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Channa seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
- For Idli Upma, we need left over idlis which are not hot. Take the left over idlis and crumble them and keep it aside.
- Finely chop the onion and green chilli and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and channa dal and fry till it turns brown color.
- To this add chopped green chilli and curry leaves and fry for 10 seconds. Then add chopped onions with a pinch of salt and saute the onions till it turns transparent.
- Add turmeric powder to the sauted onions. Now add the idly crumble and mix gently.
- Also add Idli Milagai Podi and toss them well so that the spice powder gets nicely coated to the cooked idlis. Adjust the salt and keep the idli upma in flame for 5 minutes and then switch off the flame
- Serve hot with chutney and enjoy the dish!