Kollu has good medicinal properties. It has high iron content, good for high BP and cholesterol. It is highly recommended for obesity. Next time when you decide to make Thuvayal try Kollu thuvayal if you not tried before.
|Kollu (horse gram)||1 Cup|
- Finely chop the onions and keep aside. Peel the garlic cloves and keep it separately.
- Finely chop the green chilli and keep it aside
- Heat the oil in pan, add kollu and fry till it turns light brown color. Take this in a mixer
- Heat some more oil and add the chopped onion, garlic and green chilli and fry for sometime and add this to the mixer. Allow the contents to cool before grinding.
- To the added ingredients in the mixer add salt and a pinch of tamarind and grid it to a nice paste by adding little water
- Now the yummy kollu thugayal is ready to serve with hot rice