Thuvayal is an easy dish which can be prepared qickly. Whenever i feel like lazy i opt for making thuvayal. Thuvayal sadham with fried applam is very tastier. Some people use the thuvayal for a side dish to Rasam sadham. I make different thuvayals based on the availability of vegetables at that time. The recipe for all thuvayals are same. Recently i made Mullangi (Radish) Thuvayal. The recipe for the same is given below.
- Wash the radish (Mullangi) and chop it finely
- Heat the pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add red chilli and urdal
- Fry the dal till it turns golden brown color
- To this add hing and fry for a second
- Take this in a mixer
- Now add the remaining oil and add the chopped mullangi (radish)
- Fry the mullangi till it is cooked completely. Add this to to the mixer
- Along with this add salt, and a pinch of tamarind.
- Grind it to a fine paste without adding water.
- Take this out in a bowl. Now the delicious mullangi thugayal is ready to serve with hot rice.