|Rice Flour||2 Cup|
|Fried Gram(Odachakadalai) Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coconut sliced pieces||2 teaspoon|
|Fried Gram(Odachakadalai)||2 teaspoon|
|Butter||1 table spoon|
- Take a pan, add rice flour, fried gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, hing, sliced coconut pieces, curry leaves, fried gram, butter and mix it well. Sprinkle water and mix all these ingredients to make it a thick dough.
- Take a piece of plastic paper, spread oil in the paper, make small ball of the flour, and keep it in paper.
- Grease the fingers with oil and press the ball to flatten it.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Slowly turn the plastic paper over your palm. The greased plastic will enable flattened thattai to slip on your hands easily
- Turn them to cook evenly until golden yellow/ deep brown
- Drop them on a paper towel to drain excess oil
- Once cooled, store them in an air tight container.
- The delicious Thattai is ready for neivedhyam and for serving.