|Preparation Time||1 hour|
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Raw Rice||2 teaspoon|
|Kesar color(Saffron Color)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Orange Essence||4 Drops|
- We can buy Jangri cloth that is available in the shop. Also we can use thick plastic cover. In the bottom middle of the cover, heat the needle and insert the needle in middle of the cover to make a small hole. Soak the urdal and raw rice in water for 1 hour
- After an hour, Rinse the urdal and rice and grind it in grinder by adding very little water like we do for medhuvadai
- Take 1 handful of urdal flour and put it in plastic cover. First take a plate and try to squeeze the cover to make jangri pattern. We need to make one circle and then followed by small circles to make a flower like design. Try once or twice in the plate before trying directly in the oil just to be confident enough to proceed with. Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan. When the oil is hot enough, squeeze the plastic cover(like we do it using mehandi cone) so that the urdal flour comes out of the small hole in the plastic cover. Rotate your hand to squeeze the urdal flour in hot oil like a small circle with flower like design just we practised on a plate.
- Let the urdal flour gets fried in oil. When the jangri turns golden brown color and becomes cripsy, remove from flame. Repeat the steps for the remaining urdal flour.
- Heat another heavy bottomed pan, add sugar. Add water so that sugar dissolves in water. Stir the sugar syrup continuously until the syrup is sticking in hands. Now add organge essence and kesar powder and stir it well. Switch off the flame. To prevent the sugar syrup to get crystallized, we can add a teaspoon of lemon juice. If the sugar syrup gets crystallized after some time we can again keep in low flame and add a tablespoon of water and make it dilute again.
- To this sugar syrup, add 5-6 fried jangri and mix it well so that the jangris get dipped in sugar syrup. Leave this for 5-10 mins and then take those jangris out of sugar syrup and place it in a plate. Repeat the steps for the rest of fried jangris
- The delicious tasty Jangri is ready to serve for any occassion especially for the festival of lights(Diwali)