Kalkandu bath also known as Ksheeraanam can be made quickly and loved by the kids.
|Raw rice (Pacha arisi)||1 cup|
|Moong dhal||1/2 cup|
|Sugar Candy (Kalkandu)||1 3/4 cup|
|Cashew||10 - 15|
|Dried grapes||10 - 15|
|Ghee||4 table spoon|
- Heat the dry pan/cooker and add a table spoon of Ghee. Roast the moongdhal in the ghee and add with the raw rice for rinsing.
- Cook the raw rice along with the moongdhal in the pressure cooker by adding 1/2 up extra water than normal rice cooking and for 2 extra wistles in the cooker than normal. This will make the rice smashed. (you can add 2 cups of water and allow 4-5 wistles)
- Heat another heavy bottomed pan, add Kalkandu (sugar candy). Add water so that sugar candy dissolves in water
- Stir the sugar syrup continuously until the syrup is sticking in hands.
- Now add the rice & dhal mixture.
- Stir the mixture evenly to spread the sugar candy syrup by keeping the flame low.
- Add the ghee slowly and keep on stirring the bath for atleast 4-5 mins ( you can notice the bath leaves the side of the vessel).
- Finally add the fried cashews, powdered elachi, and dried grapes.
- Kalkandu bath is ready to serve.