|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Moong Dal||1/2 cup|
|Whole Black Pepper||3 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashew Nuts||10 - 15|
|Curry Leaves||1 Handful|
- Dry fry the moong dal in a heavy bottomed pan till it turns golden red colour.
- Add 1:3 (for 1/2 cup dal, you need to add one and half cup of water) water in the pressure cooker and cook the dal. For proper cooking, you may need to cook this in simmer and allow three whistles. Once its cooked, smash it with a ladle and keep it aside.
- In the pan, add some ghee and the rawa and fry it till it turns to golden red color and take it out and keep it aside
- Add 2 cups of water (1 cup of rawa = 2 cups of water) in the cooked dal and bring the water to boil. Also add the salt
- Once the water starts to boil, add the rawa slowly in the water, while you continue to stir the water to avoid the lumps. Keep the flame in simmer and stir it till water is absorbed
- Add three tables spoon of oil and add the black pepper, cumin seeds, cashew. Allow the pepper to completely fry in the ghee. The pepper has to float on the top of the ghee from bottom once its cooked. Add the curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Mix the ghee mixture to the cooked rawa pongal and mix well.
- The yummy rawa pongal is ready to serve with coconut chutney.