|Channa dal||1/4 Cup|
|Coconut gratings||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds/Jeera||1 teaspoon|
- Cook channa dhal in pressure cooker till soft.
- Cut the radish pieces into medium bite size pieces and put that in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and enough water to cover the radish.
- Cook on medium flame till soft.Then add cooked dhal.
- Meanwhile grind the cocunut gratings along with red chilles, jeera and Rice to a paste.
- Add this to the cooked radish and mix well. Season it with mustard seeds, channa daal and curry leaves.
- The delicious Radish kootu is ready to serve with rice