|Rawa||1 Cup and 1 handfull|
|Grated Coconut(Optional)||2 tablespoon|
|Kesari powder||a pinch|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Soak the rawa in water for 1 hour. After 1 hour drain the water and add the rawa in a mixer.
- Add banana, sugar and grated coconut in the mixer along with rawa and grind it to a nice paste. Do not add more water. The ground appam flour should be like dosa flour consistency.
- Add cardamom powder, kesar powder to the ground flour and mix well
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or in a paniyaram/appam pan.
- When the oil is hot, take 1 small ladle of ground appam flour, pour it directly in the hot oil.
- Let the appam fry for a while and then when it turns golden brown color, remove the appam from the oil, and place it in a paper towel to drain excess oil
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the flour