I love Nendram Pazham (Ripe Plantains). Malayali's make yummy recipes out of Nendram pazham and one of the simplest recipe is given below. We make this often as this is being loved by all from kids to elders. Here we cook the banana which makes the digestion quicker and serve with Jaggery syrup which is adding more taste and sweetness to the banana.
|Nendram Pazham (Ripe Plantains)||2|
|Grated Jaggery||3 table spoon|
- Remove the banana skin and slice the banana into smaller pieces.
- Heat the pan and add one cup of water. Add the sliced bananas and allow them to cook in the simmer for about 5 mins.
- After 5 mins, check if the banana is cooked well. Then add the grated jaggery. Add little water (mostly its not required) if the jaggery-banana mix is too thick. Keep the flame in simmer
- In 2 to 3 mins the jaggery get dissolved in the water and mixed with the banana.
- Add one teaspoon of Ghee.
- Remove it from flame and serve.
Note : You can use Honey instead of Jaggery. In that case, cook the banana and remove it from flame. Top up the banana with the Honey and serve.