|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Cinnamon||4-5 small sticks|
|Cumin Seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 teaspoon|
|Chilli powder (optional)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Potato||1 medium size|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||2 hand full|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1 hand full|
|Green Peas||1/2 cup|
|Basmati Ric||2 cups*|
|Cooking Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Curd (Optional)||2 tablespoon|
- Finely chop the onion and carrot and keep it aside. Dice the potato into medium sized cubes. Wash the Basmati Rice and soak it in the water. I used the measurement of 1:2 for water. (1 cup of rice = 2 cups of water). You can soak now, as we can finish the preparation of masala in 10 minutes. Keep everything ready and soak the rice in the water.
- Heat the Pan and add the Cooking Oil. Once the cooking oil is hot, add the masala ingredients one by one. (Bay Leaves, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin Seeds & Peppercorns). Also add onions and fry them till the onions become translucent.
- Add Green chillies, Ginger-Garlic paste and sauté. Add the fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, Red chilli powder (optional - if you want a spicy version of thePulao), Coriander powder and Cumin powder and mix them well. Add the chopped vegetables of your choice (in our case - potato's, carrot and green peas).
- Also add curd (yoghurt) and mix them. Keep this mixture in the low flame for about 2 minutes. Add water to the pan along with salt and bring it to boil.
- Add soaked and drained rice and mix gently.
- Cover the pan and cook the rice in low flame for atleast 20 minutes. Using wooden Spatula gently mix the rice occasionally till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked and fluffy. For me it took exactly 20 minutes for the rice to cook with the vegetables. Switch off the flame.
- The scrumptious Vegetable Pulao is ready to serve. You can serve with Raitha.