|Vendhaya Keerai(Fenugeek Leaves)||1 bunch|
|Moong Dal||3 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Remove the leaves from vendhaya keerai and finely chop the keerai and clean the leaves and keep it aside
- Take the moong dal in a pan and add water and cook it. The dal should be cooked and at the same time it should not be smashed. The cooked dal should not stick with each other
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and fry till it turns golden brown color and add broken red chillies and fry for a while
- To this add the cleaned keerai and allow the keerai to cook. Dont add any water.
- To this add salt, sugar and turmeric powder and allow the spinach to cook completely
- Finally add the cooked dal and mix well
- The yummy Vendhaya keerai thuvaran is ready to serve.