Try it out and let me know your comments!!!
|Basmati Rice||1 Cup|
|Thoor Dal||1/2 Cup|
|Garam Masala||1/2 teaspoon|
- Take 1 cup of basmati rice and take 2 cups of water. Rice to water ratio is 1:2. Soak the rice in water for 5 minutes
- Soak the Thoor dal in water.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and saute for a minute
- Add cashews and fry till it becomes golden brown color
- Add vertically slit green chilles and saute it
- Now add garam masala and mix it well
- Add this to the basmati rice along with the dal and salt
- Pressure cook it and allow 2 wizhtles. We can also cook this in microwave
- Remove from flame once cooked and garnish with coriander leaves
- The yummy dal masala rice is ready to serve. This goes well with crispy potato fry or onion raitha or potato chips