Home made potato chips are really a tasty treat than the store bought chips. We have more quantities and from kids to elders everyone love to crunch this delicious snack. Just a bowl of potato chips with tea is a wonderful evening snack and we all know kids love this very much. Why buying of packed chips, if we can make this treat in our home itself?
|Potato||2 medium size|
- Take 2 medium sized potatoes and peel it
- Using slicer, finely slice the potatoes. Each slice should be very thin like a paper
- Soak the slice of potatoes in a bowl of cold water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Soak the potatoes in salt water for 10 minutes and then rinse and drain the water
- Take the drained potato slices and spread it on a paper towel.
- Using another paper towel gently press the slices of potatoes to extract the water
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add oil and keep the flame medium
- Test the oil by dropping a small slice of potato and if it slowly raises in oil, then the heatness is perfect. The potatoes should not raise in oil immediately, because, over heatness may burn the potatoes
- Once the potato slices are dried, take it in a plate and keep ready for frying
- Gently drop 8-10 slices of potatoes in the oil.
- Do not drop more as we need space for the slices to fry in oil
- Gently turn the potato slices using a spatula
- Keep the flame in medium low and allow the slices to fry till it becomes crunchy
- Take the crunchy chips from oil and place it in a paper towel to drain excess oil
- Store the chips in a air tight container
- Sprinkle some salt if needed and also if we want we can sprinkle some pepper powder for spicy taste
- The crunchy potato chips are ready to serve