Aloo Gobi Masala is usually made as a gravy but here we are going to try the dry curry version. This goes very well with Roti / Rice.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Aloo Gobi Masala Curry|
|Potato||4 medium sized|
|Cauliflower||1 small flower|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Corainder Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Amachur Powder(Dry mango Powder)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Kasuri Methi||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||one handful|
- Peel the potato skin and chop the potatoes to a medium sized cubes and soak it in water. If we don't soak it in water, then the colour of the potato change to black which is not good.
- Remove the florets from cauliflower and clean the same. We usually boil 2 cups of water in a bowl and add the florets, which kills small insects if any in the flower. Later we drain the water.
- Finely chop the onion, tomato and green chilli and keep all the veggies ready for cooking. As we are going to make the dry curry, please make sure that you chop the onion and tomato finely. We are adding the small quantities of onion and tomato for a flavour and not for a gravy.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add oil/ghee and when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds
- When the cumin seeds starts to sputter, add the ginger-garlic paste and stir for half a minute
- To this add chopped tomato, onion and green chilli and allow the onion and tomato to cook well
- The onion,tomato will take 4-5 minutes to cook, meanwhile, we will make the masala. Take half cup of water and add coriander powder, amachur powder,red chilli powder and mix well. As we are adding very small quantity of Tomato, we are adding amachur powder for the sourness.
- Saute the onion/tomato mixture once a while.
- Now add the masala and keep the flame to medium flame for about 5 minutes. Also add the required salt. I have added 1 teaspoon of salt, but adjust it to your taste.
- Crush the Kasuri Methi leaves and add the same to this mixture.
- Once the mixture start to boil add Potato and Cauli Flower and mix well. Don't add too much water. You can sprinkle little water for the vegetables to cook, but don't add much water, otherwise we don't get the dry curry.
- Simmer the flame and cover the pan. This will take about 10-15 minutes for the Potato and Flower to cook. Saute it at regular intervals. Make sure that you don't crush the cauliflower while sauting.
- After 10 minutes check the vegetable to see if they are cooked properly. If required sprinkle little water and allow it to cook for some more time. At this stage add half of the coriander leaves and saute well.
- Once the vegetables are completely cooked, switch off the flame and add 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala and mix well.
- Add the remaining coriander leaves
- The Aloo Gobi curry is ready for serving with Rice/Roti.