|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Wheat flour||2 Cups|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Wash and peel the beetroot and grate it. To the grated beetroot add coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder and mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, add wheat flour and mix well
- Knead it to a nice soft dough. The water content in beetroot after adding salt is enough to knead the dough. Sprinkle water only if needed. Keep the dough aside for 10 minutes
- Make medium sized balls out of the dough and roll it to a thin circle by dusting some wheat flour to roll it
- Heat the thawa and place the roti over thawa.
- After roti start change its color to slight brown and start puffing in different places flip the roti over.
- Flip again after a few seconds. Take a flat spatula and press lightly on the puffed parts of the roti. This will help the roti puff.
- Flip the roti again. The roti should have light golden-brown spots on both sides.
- Butter the roti, the side that is facing the skillet.
- Keep the rotis in a container with a paper towel covering the bottom. Serve the yummy beetroot roti with subji.