Masala Peanuts, a quick and yummy snack for a evening tea. A most favourite snack for all age groups. Simple, quick to make and crunchy snack for a perfect evening. Most of us look for a crunchy snack with evening tea. This is one of the popular evening snack served in many office pantries, sweet shops, road side shops and even in many restaurants. A handful of crispy masala peanuts with a cup of hot tea, hmmm lovely combo in the evening!
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Roasted Peanuts||1 Cup|
|Gram Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Rice Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Garam Maslaa powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry Mango Powder(Amachur Powder)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1.5 teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Take all the powders, flours and salt in a bowl.
- Take a pan and keep in flame. Add the peanuts and fry roast it for 2 minutes. Stir in continuously so that the peanuts does not get burnt
- Now remove the roasted peanuts from flame and add it the bowl having all masala powders and flour and mix well
- Add water little by little to coat the masalas completely over the peanuts
- Heat oil in a pan. Check if the oil is ready by dropping a small quantity of flour. If the flour raises immediately, then the hotness of oil is perfect. Now gently drop masala coated peanuts into the oil and gently stir using a spatula
- Keep the flame in medium low to allow the peanuts to fry completely and stir the peanuts occasionally to prevent them from burning. Remove the crispy roasted masala peanuts and place it in a bowl having a tissue paper to remove excess oil
- The yummy crispy masala peanuts are ready to serve with hot tea/Coffee
- You can also add little of garlic paste to the above masala.
- We can also add chopped green chillies which is optional
- Also at the last we can add curry leaves and fry in the oil and add it to the fried masala peanuts