I heard about Kovakkai thugayal recipe from one of my relative and immediately decided to prepare this yummy dish. The taste of this thugayal is wonderful and we can mix this with rice and little ghee and serve hot with appalam. Lets see the method involved to prepare this mouth-watering dish...
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Grated Coconut||2 tablespoon|
Ingredients For Grinding:
|Channa Dal||2 teaspoon|
|Urid dal||2 teaspoon|
|Tamarind||1 small gooseberry size|
- Wash and dry the kovakkai and chop it to circles. Heat a teaspoon of oil and add the chopped kovakkai and a pinch of turmeric and mix well and keep in medium flame for about 10-15 minutes till the kovakkai is slightly fried and cooked and remove from flame and keep it aside
- Again add 1 teaspoon of oil and add the grinding ingredients and saute them till the dals turn golden brown color. Take this fried ingredients to the mixer
- Add oil and add onion and green chillies and fry the oinons. Add a pinch of salt to fry the onions evenly and quicky
- Grind the fried dals, red chilli, tamarind and garlic to a coarse powder.
- Add fried kovakkai and grated coconut and grind to a coarse paste
- Finally add sauted onions and green chillies to the mixer and give another pulse in the mixer and the thugayal should be coarse
- The yummy mouth-watering Kovakkai thugayal is ready to serve with cooked hot rice along with a teaspoon of ghee and serve with fried vegetable or kootu or simple appalam