Carrot poriyal, a healthy poriyal for any rice varieties. This recipe is slightly different from the traditional way of doing poriyal. Generally we cook the vegetable and then do the seasoning. I tasted this wonderful taste of carrot poriyal in one of my Telugu friends home and the variation made the dish an extraordinary taste. Especially many kids doesn't like to eat carrot poriyal but with this recipe having a variation from the traditional way would be liked by all. Lets get into the way to prepare this dish.
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients for Grinding:
|Grated Coconut||2 tablespoon|
|Roasted Gram Dal||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Seasoning:
|Mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Split Urid dal||1 teaspoon|
- Wash the carrots in water and then pat it dry, peel the skin and grate all the carrots
- Take a pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add split urid dal and fry till it becomes golden brown color.
- Add curry leaves and add the grated carrot and keep the flame medium
- Add turmeric and salt and mix well and cover it with a lid. We dont need to add water as the grated carrot would cook easily in steam
- Meanwhile, grind the grinding ingredients to a nice powder and keep it ready
- When the carrots are cooked nicely, add the ground curry powder and mix well and remove from flame
- The mouth-watering carrot poriyal is ready to serve with any rice dishes. Even we can mix plain rice with carrot poriyal along with a teaspoon of ghee and the taste is divine.