|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Grated Coconut||2 tablespoon|
|Roasted Gram Dal||2 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Split Urid dal||1 teaspoon|
- Wash the carrots in water and then pat it dry, peel the skin and grate all the carrots
- Take a pan, add oil and when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add split urid dal and fry till it becomes golden brown color.
- Add curry leaves and add the grated carrot and keep the flame medium
- Add turmeric and salt and mix well and cover it with a lid. We dont need to add water as the grated carrot would cook easily in steam
- Meanwhile, grind the grinding ingredients to a nice powder and keep it ready
- When the carrots are cooked nicely, add the ground curry powder and mix well and remove from flame
- The mouth-watering carrot poriyal is ready to serve with any rice dishes. Even we can mix plain rice with carrot poriyal along with a teaspoon of ghee and the taste is divine.