Tomato Pulao, is an easy and yummy lunch box recipe especially for kids. Kids will surely like this as this has less spice and more tasty. Tomato pulao is similar to traditional tomato rice but with added masala which make it delicious.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Raw Rice||1 Cup|
|Tomato||3 large size|
|Onion||2 finely chopped|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Kasoori Methi||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Seasoning:
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the raw rice in water for 30 minutes
- Finely chop the onions and 2 tomatoes and keep it aside
- Boil some water and add remaining 1 tomato and allow it to boil for 2 minutes. Take the tomato from the water allow it to cool off and remove the skin and puree it in a mixer and keep it aside
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add cumin seeds and allow it to sputter, add bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom and saute it for a minute
- Add chopped onion and saute it. Add a pinch of salt to the onions to bring out the moisture from it and also to fry them evenly and quickly
- Add chopped green chilli, mint leaves, coriander leaves and ginger-garlic paste, kasoori methi and saute it for another 2 minutes
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and turmeric and mix well. Keep the flame in medium and allow the tomatoes to cook completely
- Rinse and drain the water from rice and add it to the cooked tomatoes and fry for 2 more minutes in medium flame
- Add 2 cups of water and add salt and keep the flame high and mix once.
- When the water is fully absorbed, keep the flame low and close the pan with a lid and keep in flame for another 15 minutes. In a low flame the rice will be cooked completely
- Remove the tomato pulao from flame and serve hot with any raithas.